Friday, April 1, 2011

Inspections are done and sheetrock is going up

Today I took a vacation day from work and decided to take a shot at cleaning the bricks that came off the back of the house.The plan is to have them placed around the piers that support the addition. It wasn't as bad as I thought, just time consuming and a little frustrating when you hammer on a brick for 2 minutes to remove the cement and on the last "whack" it breaks into. I think I probably cleaned 1/3 of them today so im hoping to get the entire pile done in about 2 weeks.
While I was working on that the guys were patching some holes in the sheetrock where the old walls came out and removing the wallpaper on another wall. The inspector came out to look at the insulation and a few small things the previous inspector wanted changed.To my surprise,the inspector was a guy I went to high school with .Everything was in order and we passed and caught up a little about the last 30 years.Of course we almost simultaneously whipped out the pictures of our grandchildren !
 
Once they got the insulation ok they started hanging sheetrock on the ceiling.They finished up by the end of the day and now we can see the ceiling height instead of speculating "about" where it will be. They also encased the line set to the HVAC unit in coiled pipe before it gets buried.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment